Burgener Bearing Bar
|Bar Type||Men's Bars|
|Bar Use||Weightlifting, Olympic Weightlifting|
|Center Knurl||No Center Knurl|
|Shaft Coating||Bright Zinc|
|Sleeve Coating||Bright Zinc|
|Sleeve Design||Snap Ring|
|Guarantee/Warranty||Lifetime Use Warranty|
|Made In USA||Yes|
|3 Ships Free||No|
When people think of high end weightlifting bars, they usually think of bars made overseas in countries where weightlifting has been big for years. Until the past few years they would be right to overlook America when it came to weightlifting bars. However, with the explosion of CrossFit and the renewed interest in Olympic weightlifting, American companies have put out some top notch products.
Rogue set out to make some of the best weightlifting bars in the world. The bars are made to IWF specifications with a few improvements that really make a difference for their every day use.
1. IWF certified weightlifting bars have a center knurl. This really only makes sense if you are planning to use the bar for back squat. Whether or not you need a center knurl for back squat remains controversial, but there is no mistaking that a center knurl will chew up your neck during cleans, especially high rep cleans in a CrossFit workout. We felt that a bar this specialized should be as well suited as possible for its intended use and should not make compromises to give questionable benefit for a secondary use.
2. Most high end Olympic weightlifting bars are chrome plated. While this protects them from rust, it makes them slick. Manufacturers somewhat compensate for this by changing the knurling texture, but it can not be overcome completely. The shaft of the Burgener Bearing bar is bright zinc coated for a less slick, more secure feel. Zinc coatings also offer better rust protection than chrome. The zinc coating allows us to give the bar an understated knurling texture that is not found on other brand’s bars.
3. Many of the top end weightlifting bars have 4 needle bearings per sleeve. We have 5 top of the line German needle bearings per sleeve to ensure that we have some of the smoothest rotating sleeves available.
Add to all that 185,000 PSI tensile strength spring steel for a perfect whip that rivals the best bars in the world, and snap ring construction on the perfectly machined sleeves and you have one of the best bars in the world, made in the U.S.A. for a bargain price.
Burgener Bearing Bar Specs:
- Diameter: 28MM
- Knurling: Classic Olympic Knurl without center knurl
- Coating: Bright Zinc Shaft & Sleeves
- Bar Steel: 185K PSI Tensile Strength
- Warranty: Guaranteed for Life Against Bending and/or Collars Coming off
- Bearings: 5 German needle bearings/sleeve
**Warranty against bending does not cover any bar which has been damaged due to negligent or faulty use, alteration, maintenance, storage or handling by the user. Negligent or faulty use includes abusive dropping of the bar (i.e., dropping the bar on a box, bench, spotter arms or pins in a power rack, excessive dropping with insufficient or damaged bumpers, or excessive dropping with iron plates, and similar usage). Any specific issues regarding a Rogue product with which a customer is not satisfied will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Rogue has a replacement rate of less than 0.0002% on bars. We have found that most problems with bars we replace are related to abusive use rather than manufacturing or materials issues.
SmoothReview by Peter
Excellant!Review by Joey
Damn...Review by Cory