Concept 2 Model E Rower – PM5
The Concept 2 Model E Rower is a slight adaptation of the Model D, featuring the same PM5 Performance Monitor (with a longer arm), ergonomically designed handles, adjustable foot-rests, and efficient flywheel design. One of the key differences is the Model E's raised 20" seat height (6" above the Model D position), which can allow athletes with balance or mobility concerns to get on and off the machine with less effort. The chain housing on the Model E Rower is also fully inclosed, helping keep the nickel-plated chain clean and out of harm's way.
During use, the rower's seat moves on an aluminum rail with a stainless steel track, creating a consistent back-and-forth slide without any sudden starts or stops. To change how much air enters the flywheel housing on each stroke, you can adjust the machine's spiral damper to any setting from 1 to 10. This functions much like the gears on a bike, affecting how much energy will be needed to accelerate from one stroke to the next. When done training, you can quickly break down the rower into two segments for storage or use the included caster wheels for easy transport.
While some might associate traditional rowing exercises with upper arm strength, the Concept 2 Rower actually produces one of the more comprehensive, full-body workouts of any fitness machine in the industry—developing efficient core power and leg strength without over-taxing the back.
The Model E is mobile, and easy to store. To free up even more space add a Rogue Rower Hanger to your order. Need to protect your floors? The E-Z Kleen Vinyl Rower Mat will do the trick.
- Made in the USA
- Includes PM5 Performance Monitor* (arm is longer than Model D and cannot pivot)
- Flywheel design for smooth feel, minimal noise
- Nickel plated steel chain with fully inclosed housing
- Spiral Damper with adjustable 1-10 settings
- Monorail length: 54"
- Welded steel support legs
- Ergonomic handle promotes natural arm and hand position
- 20” Seat Height for easier access, moves smoothly on aluminum rail / stainless steel track
- Simple two-part separation for compact storage
- Flexfoot footrests adjust for quick and easy sizing
- Easy assembly with tools and illustrated instructions included
- Caster wheels for mobility
- Color: Light Gray w/ high gloss finish on metal frame
**PM5 Performance Monitor Specifications:
- Monitor turns on when you start your workout
- Tracks distance, speed, pace, calories burned, and watts
- Manage a wide range of features such as preset workouts, games, and multiple languages
- View force curve, pace boat, bar chart, large print, or all data
- Screen illuminates automatically when you start your workout
- Store performance data and/or transfer data to your Mac or PC via a USB Flash Drive
- Using ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart with compatible heart rate monitors
- Supports machine-to-machine racing, plus connectivity to computers and smartphones
For a similar rower with a lower seat height (14") and pivoting monitor arm, consider the Concept 2 Model D Rower.
Comparing the Model D and Model E Rowers
- Nickel plated steel chain
- Monorail Length: 54"
- Welded steel support legs
- Double powder coat finish plus clear top coat
- Max user weight: 500lb