Ohio Bar Care
We are very excited that you are one of the first owners of a Rogue Ohio Bar. As we have stated in the video and product description this bar will require some maintenance.
1) The Black oxide will give the bar best feel on the knurl because it is not a plating.
2) Black Oxide is a mild protectant against oxidization.
We recommend the following maintenance to keep the bar steel healthy -frequency will vary based on climate:
1) Use a plastic bristle brush and a mild detergent to clean the knurl - This is just like cleaning the leaves out of your gutter, if you leave them in there bad things happen.
2) Wipe down with 3:1 oil and brush into the knurl with plastic bristle brush. The steel will soak the oil in and the bar will stay healthy.
3) Wipe off any excess oil with a dry towel.
What to expect over time:
1) The bar will most likely get a patina over time.
2) Barbell will last a lifetime.
Videos on caring for other bar finishes.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns