Product Safety Information
At Rogue we want to make sure that we deploy the safest products possible and provide our users with the best safety protocols we have available. Gymnastic ring straps are wear and tear items so inspection and disposal are imperative. We would like to offer the following safety protocols:
Pre Rigging Inspection:
1) All rigging must be checked prior to each use - Not doing these safety checks can lead to serious bodily injury or death
- Check for frayed strap material or visible abrasion, such as fused fibers or cut strands
- Check to make sure that buckle sets firmly on strap and there is no visible damage to the springs or excessively worn teeth in mechanism
- Check all stitching points for frayed or broken stitching. Look for discolorations, “glazed” sections, or stiff sections
- Do not leave straps in direct sunlight, exposed to weather, and always store straps in a clean and dry environment
2) All anchoring points for rigging must not have an abrasive surface or edge - Not doing these safety checks can lead to serious bodily injury or death
- Make sure the surface you are putting the strap over or through is smooth - if the surface is abrasive it will break the straps
- Make sure the contact point for the strap is a large surface with radius – avoid shearing surfaces and sharp edges
- Make sure the anchoring point is strong enough to support both static and dynamic loads
3) Make sure you are rigging the competition ring straps per the instructions
4) Do not use gymnastic straps or rings for purposes not intended for. Straps should ONLY be anchored to or through an appropriate anchoring point.
Gymnastic ring straps are wear and tear items, they must be inspected the same way any other rigging equipment would be done.
WARNING: some aspects of ring and gymnastic training are potentially hazardous and dangerous. Anyone using Rogue’s equipment is personally responsible for learning proper techniques and exercising sound judgment, and assumes and accepts full and complete responsibility for any and all damages, injury of any kind, or death which may result from the use of any equipment purchased from Rogue. There is no substitute for personal instruction by a qualified coach or trainer. Train hard, not foolhardy.