Kabuki Strength ShouldeRök™
More than just a simple rehab/prehab or mobility tool, the Kabuki Strength ShouldeRök™ can help produce significant long term effects for any strength athlete—developing the muscles around the complex shoulder joint (the body’s most flexible joint) for higher PRs and reduced injury risks. This unique steel apparatus—created by pro powerlifter Chris Duffin—is similar in design to classic swinging clubs like the Macebell or Gada. With this modern update, though, the science of Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization led to some key changes, including a longer shaft for maximum balance and a non-fixed, easy-load club head for quick weight changes between multiple athletes.
With the latest edition of the ShouldeRök, the flared end of the knurled handle has been replaced with a welded-on and rounded piece of machined solid steel, which gives it a new utility as an IASTM tool for soft tissue work. Customers can also choose from three different plating options:
- Clear Zinc: Shiny and bright with a bluish-silver hue that fades to a gunmetal grey color over time. Standard but durable option.
- Black Oxide: Adds quality corrosion resistance, limits light reflection, and creates a great gunmetal black finish.
- Bright Nickel: This is a premium finish, significantly more corrosion resistant than stainless steel and more durable than chrome. Retains its warm, mirror smooth polish for years until worn through.
Olympic plates that are loaded on the ShouldeRök are held securely in place by a reverse end-stop, and CNC machined threads make it easy to lock on the collar. All ShouldeRök™ orders come with a link to a password to a series of instructional videos with critical information on correct training methods—all developed over two years of testing with leading sports scientists and athletes, alike.
- Made in the USA
- Swinging tool for improved shoulder strength and mobility, plus core development and stable spinal positioning on heavy lifts
- Steel shaft and head
- NEW machined and rounded steel head tail doubled as IASTM tool
- NEW: 3 Plating Options - Black Oxide, Bright Nickel, Clear Zinc
- Length: 48" (1.22m)
- Unloaded Weight: 8.5 LB
- 2.5" Loadable Space for standard plates with 2" center hole diameters
- Extra Long Knurled Handle for optimal balance and firm grip (29mm diameter)
- Developed by pro powerlifter Chris Duffin
- Benefits: Better neutral spinal position, improved scapular and overall shoulder mobility, greater rotational strength, train power transfer through the core
- Includes link to instructional videos with important guidelines for proper training techniques
See Also: Kabuki Strength Tactical ShouldeRök™
See More: Maces, Clubs, and Swinging Implements Available from Roguee