Barbell Care & Maintenance
We are very excited that you are the owner of a Rogue Barbell. This bar will require some maintenance.
1) The Black oxide will give the bar best feel on the knurl because it is not a plating.
2) Black Oxide is a mild protectant against oxidization.
We recommend the following maintenance to keep the bar steel healthy -frequency will vary based on climate:
1) Use a plastic bristle brush and a mild detergent to clean the knurl - This is just like cleaning the leaves out of your gutter, if you leave them in there bad things happen.
2) Wipe down with 3:1 oil and brush into the knurl with plastic bristle brush. The steel will soak the oil in and the bar will stay healthy.
3) Wipe off any excess oil with a dry towel.
What to expect over time:
1) The bar will most likely get a patina over time.
2) Barbell will last a lifetime.
Videos on caring for other bar finishes.
Rogue offers our very own Barbell Cleaning Kit, suitable for all of the finishes we offer.
Please email [email protected] with any questions or concerns