Power, Speed, ENDURANCE is a highly effective training system that has catapulted thousands of endurance athletes to the next level. Developed by CrossFit Endurance founder Brian MacKenzie and featuring instruction from some of the world's top endurance and CrossFit coaches, Power, Speed, ENDURANCE unveils techniques, drills, and training strategies that will optimize your performance and overall work capacity while decreasing your susceptibility to injury.
Meet the Author:
Brian MacKenzie is a world-renowned strength and conditioning coach and the innovator of the endurance / strength and conditioning paradigm. He created CrossFit Endurance (crossfitendurance.com), which specializes in movement with an emphasis in running, cycling, and swimming mechanics. MacKenzie and his program have been featured in Competitor Magazine, Runners World, Triathlete Magazine, Men's Journal, ESPN Rise, The Economist, Tim Ferriss' New York Times bestseller The 4-Hour Body, Men's Running UK, LA Sport & Fitness, and Rivera Magazine. He has consulted with several teams, including the 2012 Western Athletic Conference Champions San Jose State Women's Swim Team.
In this book, you will learn how to:
- develop proper running technique using the Pose Method
- properly fit yourself on a bike
- improve cycling mechanics on a road, time-trial, and mountain bike
- swim effortlessly and improve freestyle-stroke mechanics through skill-based drills and exercises
- accelerate work capacity and minimize fatigue by building muscle, speed, and power
- incorporate a CrossFit Endurance strength-and-conditioning program into your training routine
- maximize nutrition, hydration, and electrolyte balance to improve performance and body composition
- prevent, repair, and treat nagging injuries associated with endurance sports and improve range of motion using Starrett's Movement and Mobility Method