Si Boards - Freestyle Original
California-based athletic trainer Elysia Tsai put her two decades of experience into developing a better kind of balance training system—one that could serve a variety of athletes, skill levels, and training goals. The result was this Freestyle Original model of the Si Board—a concave, grip-friendly riding surface built for anyone 5’4” and taller and up to 400 LBS.
Made in the USA, Si Boards are designed with a unique steel rail system positioned underneath the 36” x 18” wood balance board, enabling multiple customization options for changing the difficulty level and speed of movement. There are two combo packs available for adding compatible urethane balance balls and other board accessories.
Basic Combo - 4-in-1 System to create 4 unique ride surfaces. Includes:
- (1) Freestyle Original Board - Medium
- (1) 5" Small Ball
- (1) 8.5" Half-Ball
Speed & Strength Combo - 16-in-1 System to create 16 unique ride surfaces.
- (1) Freestyle Original Board - Medium
- (1) 6.5” Medium Ball
- (2) 5” Small Balls
- (2) 8.5” Large Half-Balls
- (1) Resistance Band System
Both the 5" ball (2.5 LB) and 6.5" ball (5.5 LB) are multipurpose and can be used separate from the board as unbreakable high rebound medicine balls. They're also great as mobility tools for trigger points and tissue release.
The Science Behind Si Boards
Si Boards are based on multi-direction movement riding on top of a solid and responsive ball. The full muscle contraction, complete body awareness, joint stability, and ability to react to outside forces creates a very efficient training effect. Using the half-balls is equally effective, allowing you to target strength deficiencies and perform complex training moves without the board rolling (this makes the half-ball a good option for progressive beginner's training, as well). Athletes can add the resistance bands to increase the effect of gravity, as the downward pull of the bands requires the user to respond with greater posture awareness and stability.
This is the perfect balance training system for getting all of your systems to engage before a training session. You can also work it into your circuit. From rehab work to high-level, fully functional training, Si Boards allow you to set your own pace, experiment with ride stances, and develop both upper and lower body strength with improved balance and fluidity of movement.
- Made in the USA
- Board: High-grade Baltic Birch plywood (Natural wood color)
- Dimensions: 36”x18”x1/2” (91.4 x 45.7 x 1.27 cm)
- Grip-friendly coating on board surface
- One-piece Steel Rail secured to underside of board by 6 solid urethane blocks
- Ride Stance: 28”-36” (71-86cm)
- Board Weight: 12 LBS (5.45kg)
- Durable Urethane Balance Balls must be used on a solid, smooth surface (will not rebound properly on grass)
- Mobile App: All orders include a free instructional app for training on the go. Available on the iTunes App Store & on Google Play: Click Here to Download.
Sample Training Drills to Improve Your Strength and Stamina
1 Arm Snatch:
- Deep squat with board grab
- Push up with a board twist
- One foot balance with weight overhead
- Lunge with barbell overhead
- Clap push ups
- Burpee jump to squat position on the board
- Pike position or seated hand stand
- 360 push up/plank walks in a circle
- Dip position with board movements in all directions
- Reverse push up with feet on the board and simulated mountain climber
- Ab tuck with shins on board and hands on ground
- Surf push up position with board roll out and in
- Bridges with feet on board, back on ground and hip lift
- Quadruped with feet at tail and hands at nose of board
- Dips with one foot in the air
- Board ride with movement in all directions
- Simulated tire running touching board edges to ground
- Squats with half ball to one side of board
- 360 dips with walking in circles
- Crab position with feet on tail and hands on nose and body facing ceiling
- Surf position dynamic push up moving board forward and backward
- Ball bounces with catch and hold
- Plank rotations with 5" or 6.5" ball in your hand
- Hard bounce with a catch and hold
- Quad roll on ball with knee bend
- Glute roll with leg crossed over the top
- Seated hamstring with leg extension