Please choose the registry you want to add this product to:
Rogue Licorice Jump Ropes is rated
3.7 out of
Rated 5 out of
Excellent Double Under Training ToolI was having trouble linking double unders together using a speed jump rope because I was spinning the rope a little too fast. It was recommended to me to try the slightly heavier licorice rope. The little bit of extra weight slowed my rhythm and cadence down to a speed that now allows me to link several dus together. I am far from an expert at dus but at least now I feel confident to link enough together and to be comfortable doing them in WODs.
Date published: 2016-02-09
Rated 1 out of
Worst ever ropeOne more of my clients just bought one of this ropes and the quality is so bad. The clips just broke when I was trying to adjust the length. They are not good neither like a kid toy
I have bought mobility tools like supernova and Gemini and they are awesome. But I'm very disappointed with this product.
Date published: 2015-12-31
Rated 5 out of
Steve Gray from
The secret weapon...Ok, I'm gonna spill the beans on jump roping's best kept secret; this is the best rope ever.
That's crazy you say? Nope, it's the best. Let me tell you why. First off, I'm pretty good a skipping rope. Not Buddy Lee or even Chris Spealler but pretty good. Any time I pick up a rope it's not a challenge for me to get at least 100 DUs and my record is well over 200.
So here goes:
1. this rope is plenty fast. It's not crazy fast like the speed ropes but unless you're so competitive that the cycle time on 100 DUs per round will matter +/- 5 seconds it's really not an issue. This thing is light enough that it will whip fast!
2. there's nothing that can go wrong with this rope. Seriously, there are no moving parts, the rope isn't a cable that can kink, you could accidentally tie a knot in it mid WOD and you wouldn't miss a beat. It's the AK-47 of jump ropes.
3. If you screw up it doesn't hurt... as much
4. It's crazy cheap!
5. The rope has just enough weight to give some dynamic feedback without tiring you out.
6. It works well for all skill levels, novice to expert.
7. It's seriously cheap
So there it is, cheap, fast and reliable. What else do you need? How many WODs require you to go over 100-150 DUs per round? If you can't get those numbers with this rope you don't need a new rope, you need to get better a jump roping! Enjoy and feel free to pass the secret along!